Energy Technology Open Competition (To be updated for 2018 Program SOON!)
Applications due February 3, 2017
Competition: Monday, February 6, 2017
The University of Texas at Austin invites Texas students, faculty and the startup community to share their ideas, win cash prizes, and meet investors and prospective customers across four categories: Oil & Gas, CleanTech, Energy and Water Efficiency, and Software.
The Texas Energy Technology Open collaborates with the existing energy innovation ecosystem. We work with other startup competitions and organizations to establish a standard application for entrepreneurs. Competitors are able to submit their application to other competitions with minimal additional effort.
We believe that any innovation cluster must be entrepreneur-driven. We encourage competitors to help set the tone of this competition by inviting audience members, be they investors, entrepreneurs, or other parties.
Competition Day Logistics
Schedule (all events will take place in the Texas Union)
- 7 am: Check-In Begins (UNB 2.102)
- 8:15 am: Breakfast Panel Begins (UNB 2.102).
- Moderater: Neeraj Aggarwal - Director of Mission Investing at the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation
- Panelist: Mark Sanders - Austin Tech Incubator, Rosenfeld Society for Sustainable Energy
- Panelist: Jeremy Adelman - Formerly of Energy Foundry
- Panelist: Carlos Kemeny - UT Office of Innovation and Strategic Investment
- 10am: Pitch Competition Prelims Begin (UNB 3.116, 3.128, 4.206, 4.224)
- 12pm: Lunch Served (UNB 2.102)
- 2:30pm: Pitch Competition Finals Begin (UNB 2.102)
- 4:00 pm: Awards Ceremony (UNB 2.102)
Presentation Time Allocation
Each competitor competing in prelims and finals will have:
- 20 minutes to present their video and pitch deck
- 10 minutes for judge/audience questions
Presenter order will be announced during the weekend before the competition, once all submissions are in.
Benefits of Participation
- Cash and prizes!
- Appointment in the Austin Technology Incubator SEAL Program
- Exhibit your company and technology during the UT Energy Week.
- Network with some of the leading figures in the global energy industry
- Meet the active venture capital and angel investing community in Austin, TX
- Spend the week in Austin’s world-leading technology hub!
- Technology or software at prototype stage
- Investor ‘pitch’ deck
- Five minute video for the judges
- Two page written value proposition for the new technology
- Ability to exhibit during UT Energy Week
- Fill out the application form
- Upload before February 3rd deadline:
- Exec. Summary - Accepted starting 11/15
- Pitch deck
- Finalists (if number of applicants exceeds capacity) to present at UT
VP of Entrepreneurship
Longhorn Energy Club
VP on Entrepreneurship
Longhorn Energy Club